Artist's Corner
hmm... never used Krita, so i'm not sure how much help i'd be. (planning on trying it soon though)

what exactly do you mean by tedious? like takes a long time? difficult?
I'm about as edgy as a ball of raw cookie dough 
[Image: chocolate_by_cuppycakekitty-d9lkljt.png][Image: cat_puns_by_cuppycakekitty-d9kuqy6.png]
look at this for an example. that's a lot of small lines and gaps that i have to fill in, and it's a pain to go along every pixel and make sure it's colored fully without leaving white space or overlapping with other colors. going over each space with the brush and eraser tool is really inefficient, and the fill tool doesn't work because the lines are so small and soft.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
What I used to do in photoshop was change the select tool settings sensitivity so the edge would expand roughly under the lines and then you fill that. Of course, you still have to go over it. As far as I know you always do.
[Image: tumblr_inline_nd12szQan11ql7tai.gif]

[Image: tumblr_lyx2zpNZWU1qesb9j.png][Image: tumblr_ltuz2aPqxw1qesb9j.png]
It's a ship

I remember that movie. That's a great drawing Zenith. Very adorable. Hehe!
Madness is Amazingness!
[Image: tumblr_nyb3peWkus1uq9ys2o1_500.gif]
Scratch board art I did a while back

[Image: C1X-YntUsAAhR81.jpg:small]
[Image: C6WcSq8VAAA1XiK.png] [Image: 58bf3199c9b3883486684133.gif]
I'm beginning to dip my toes more and more into digital art, using a regular drawing tablet and my school-issued computer with Photoshop on it. I'm using it now and I like the feel, but does anyone have tips for colouring and which brushes to use for line art and shading and again, colouring? Most of what I've done hasn't moved past the sketching stage for that reason,.
running 100% off coffee
[Image: 130400e0f848bd2ccf128d05da4e1b17-d5lndaa.gif][Image: overwatch_stamp_by_cthulhunoodles-da3kq5n.png][Image: gravity_falls_by_skaianangel-d9l3i30.gif]
The best thing I can recommend is watch a lot of videos and read tutorials but mostly learn how to adjust brush settings. I just used a normal brush and only ever needed to change the opacity pressure, pen pressure and softness of the edge.

It's a ship

COLORING IS HORRIBLE DON'T DO IT

the reason none of my digital stuff has any good shading is because i just cannot stand sitting down for 2 hours just to add flat colors to everything, it's so boring and tedious and i always miss a spot

for line art and shading, i would just advise playing around with things. different brushes give different feels and there isn't a right way to go. shading especially can use a variety of brushes to get different textures across. the more comfortable you are using a variety, the better, i say. i personally prefer thin, smooth ink brushes for lining, and don't have any favorite for coloring or shading. Baron is right about learning to adjust brush settings, it opens up a lot of options.
[Image: Eg3lWTv.png][Image: tumblr_mcy2clswjj1qesb9j_by_homestuck__f...699rlh.png]
not a ship
Actually a really great way to speed that up is to use the wand tool and adjust the sensitivity of the settings so it goes right between the lines. Clean up is pretty quick then.

It's a ship

Just tried FireAlpaca, and I'm loving it. Might be my favourite art program I've used, actually. Everything's very simple and straightforward, plus there's a very nice selection of brushes preloaded.
running 100% off coffee
[Image: 130400e0f848bd2ccf128d05da4e1b17-d5lndaa.gif][Image: overwatch_stamp_by_cthulhunoodles-da3kq5n.png][Image: gravity_falls_by_skaianangel-d9l3i30.gif]